Sunday, August 17, 2014

chewy chocolate mint cookies

Two Baked Sunday Mornings posts in a row: I'm on a roll! And these cookies were crazy good, so I'm really glad I made them!

They remind me of the chocolate cream cheese snacking cookies we made last summer in that they are soft and tender but... refreshing. And I totally didn't expect that. The mint, and there's a lot of it in this recipe, took them to a whole other level.


Instead of the chunks called for in the recipe, I used callebault chocolate chips and I didn't roll them in sugar before baking. These only bake for 10 minutes and stayed nice and soft after cooling.

I had plans to turn these into ice cream sandwiches but I was assured that they wouldn't last long and they didn't.

For the recipe, and to see how the other bakers enjoyed their cookies, click on through to the Baked Sunday Mornings blog.


3 comments:

  1. I love your cookie jar! The cookies look beautiful, and yes they were delicious. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the mint. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, these would be good as ice cream sandwiches. I love that you were assured they wouldn't last that long. giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be amazing as ice cream sandwiches! But I'm not surprised they didn't last long--mine disappeared as quickly as the day after I bought them! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(