Sunday, August 10, 2014

vanilla bean malt cake


This morning's recipe for Baked Sunday Mornings is one that I made last fall, then again, at xmas time, one of the first recipes I made from Baked Elements.


I'm not a big fan of malt, but really liked this recipe. It produces a really nice and moist vanilla cake that doesn't scream malt but has that little something extra.

I had first tried to make little acorn cakelets but I overfilled my moulds and it made a big mess. The cake is a bit too airy to keep the distinct impression of the mould anyway. But the rest of the batter made for really cute mini bundt cakes! These are about 3 or 4 inches across the bottom and perfect to share!

Love this recipe. To find it and to see how the other Baked Sunday Mornings bakers did, head over to the blog!




4 comments:

  1. Very cute indeed!!! That is adorable! I love the way your glazed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the minis as well-- so cute and so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the way you glazed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I covet your adorable little cupcake stand. Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(